Arizona Priority Care (AZPC) is an Integrated Provider Network focused on providing Whole-Person care to Senior and Medicaid populations, through advanced value-based models. Our provider network is comprised of more than 3,500 providers including Primary Care, Specialty, Hospital System and ancillary provider partnerships. We have operated in the Arizona market for more than 10 years, and are based in Chandler, Arizona. As a leading value-based provider organization, we are committed to improving the quality of care, providing excellent member and provider experiences all while reducing cost.
The Medical Claims Examiner must be customer focused, energetic, and detail-oriented. This individual works both independently and in conjunction with internal customers to adjudicate claims and responds to provider or client inquiries in an accurate, timely and courteous manner. The Medical Claims Examiner must be professional, possess a good work ethic and be a team player.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Processing of professional and facility medical services claims by reviewing and inputting data into the claims payment system using standard policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Must meet quality/accuracy standard of 95% and production standards of 100-125 claims/day.
- Forward claims to appropriate departments for Med Review, Eligibility, etc.
- Verification of coverage and contract interpretation.
- Pursues and follows up on open and pended claims promptly and independently.
- Researches and investigates claims with multiple coverage and complexity to determine if claim is payable in accordance with various policy provisions. If payable, determine eligible payee(s) and payment amounts. If not payable, develop detailed letter of explanation based on policy provisions and claim documents.
- Critical thinker who can maintain focus and stay on task with minimal supervision.
- Participates and practices principles of continuous quality improvement.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of medical claims processing experience in Managed Care.
- Strong experience and knowledge of medical claims, Medicare/Medicaid guidelines, ICD-10, HCPCS / CPT Coding, HCFA 1500’s & UB04’s.
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and database systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as processing and procedure manuals, medical terminology and claims rules and regulations to appropriately develop the claim.
- Ability to write routine, professional correspondence using correct grammar and spelling.
- Must be able to identify and define problems; collect data; establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- EzCap Claims payment systems knowledge is a plus but not required.
- Must be able to consistently interact with customers in a professional and respectful manner.
*This is a hybrid position, effective after first 90 days of mandatory in-office training*